Applying for Agency Membership
If you are a renewing Agency member: please click here to renew your membership.
For assistance or to find out more about Agency membership please contact: [email protected].
Agency Membership benefits
- Access to the financial counsellor locum directory service
- Free advertising for position vacancies on the FCVic website and in member newsletters ($55 for non-members)
- Member-rate for FCVic conference registration for the Agency Representative.
- Access to the FCA Toolkit and Agency Managers’ discussion forum.
- Provides contribution towards quarterly Agency Managers’ network meetings, including ICT requirements and office resourcing.
- Opportunity to participate in sub-committees or working groups at the invitation of the FCVic Board.
- Be a Non-Profit Organisation
- Employ or engage financial counsellors
- Satisfy the conditions under the regulations for credit licensing relief for financial counselling agencies
- Agree to support the Continuous Professional Development and Professional Supervision requirements prescribed by the Board.
Each Agency member may appoint an Agency Representative. The Agency Representative must be a manager who has one or more financial counsellors reporting to them. The representative will be included in the email distribution list for Agency Members and receive access to member-only content through the FCVic website.
$99.00 per calendar year
By submitting this application, you agree to:
- support the purposes and objectives of Financial Counselling Victoria (FCVic) as detailed in the Constitution
- comply with the Australian financial counselling National Code of Ethical Practice
- refrain from engaging in fee-for-service financial counselling whilst a member of FCVic
- carry out your work with no conflict of interest (or, where conflict extists or potentially exists, disclose such information to FCVic)
- authorise FCVic to collect information from or disclose information to funding bodies and employing agencies, where this is relevant to assessing or determining your capacity to meet professional standards or otherwise relevant to statutory obligations of FCVic and those bodies and agencies, and
- meet all requirements for Continuous Professional Development and Professional Supervision as outlined in the National Standards for Membership & Accreditation.
Financial Counselling Victoria operates within the spirit and intent of the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, and the ten Information Privacy Principles (“IPP”) set out in the Act.
Accordingly FCVic only collects information from members and/or potential members specific to the core objectives and activities of the organisation.
In addition, FCVic takes reasonable steps to ensure the appropriate storage and maintenance of information received.